God has a wonderful plan for us as His children, and nothing can get in the way of that plan. We are never to give up on God in difficult times. The Lord never want us to lose heart, give up, cave in, and quit.
One of the hardest challenges of the Christian walk is waiting for God to answer our prayers when we urgently need him to intervene in a circumstance that is heart breaking, testing our faith, and robbing us of our joy and peace. There have been many times in my life, I remind God of His promises.
God promises, you will reap a reward from Him if you don’t become weary and quit. You can build a life of faith that will enable you to persevere and be successful no matter what you face.
And let us not be weary in well doing, for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9
One of the things we need to remember is that God is God in the good times and in the bad times, whether you are on top of the mountain or in the valley. God is still a good God. Know matter how hard the journey, never give up on God.
We must take hold of the Word of God and refuse to let go—especially in difficult times. The Psalmist said in Psalm 119, “Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.
I have promised it once, and I’ll promise it again: I will obey your righteous regulations…The wicked have set their traps for me, but I will not turn from your commandments. Your laws are my treasure; they are my heart’s delight.” (Verses 105-106, 110-111).
Regardless of what kind of challenges you may be facing, Jesus is always our source of hope and relief. He is our Savior and Lord. When you want to give up, spend time reading these scriptures. They will strengthen your heart.
It is in times like these that encouraging Bible verses about never give up on God in difficult times can make all the difference. For those who have a relationship with God, are looking to strengthen their relationship, taking a few moments each day to take time to reflect on Bible verses about never give up on God in difficult times, can be life-changing in all the best ways.
And whether you are going through a difficult time in life, are struggling in your relationship, are having family challenges, can remind you that at the end of the day, everything is in God’s control. A reminder that you are not alone.
But it is in those times it’s important that we draw our strength from the Lord. And one of those ways is by reading, praying, and meditating on the Word of God.
These are the scriptures we should lean on when we are experiencing adversities.
When the going gets tough, one can find comfort when turning to the Bible, which is filled with words of wisdom, encouragement, and motivation to get you through the difficult times.
So, if you are seeking peace in difficult times, speak these encouraging bible verses over your life: We pray these verses lift your spirits and comfort you.
This post may contain affiliate links, please Read our full disclosure here.
What Does the Bible Say About Overcoming Difficult Times?
Going through difficult times are very painful. No matter what season of life you are in, difficult times are never pleasant; however, God is our strengthen in trouble Joshua 1:9; Isaiah 41:10
Galatians 6:9 “And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.”
I do not know how weary you may be, but I do know that you will reap if you faint not. Due season always comes. And your due season is here.
During hard times, we will face trials, temptations, and tribulations, yet the Lord never leaves us during these times.
I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace. In the world you have tribulation and distress and suffering, but be courageous [be confident, be undaunted, be filled with joy]; I have overcome the world.” [My conquest is accomplished, My victory abiding.] John 16:33 AMP
Related: Giving it to God: 5 Ways to Let Go and Let God
Bible Verses About Never Give Up on God in Difficult Times
The Bible is full of scriptures about never give up on God in difficult times, and that God has a plan for our lives, even when we are going through difficult times. As our Creator and Redeemer, we need to humble ourselves and surrender to His plan.
1 Corinthians 9:24-27
1 Corinthians 9:24-27 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26 Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. 27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I will not be disqualified for the prize.
Paul reminds us that “Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training” (v. 25). The serious athlete engages in all-consuming preparation for completion; preparation, which is relentless, focused, determined and intentional. These focused athletes watch carefully what they eat and take into their bodies; how much rest they get; a vigorous training schedule. “They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.” (v. 25)
We, as people, need to live a life that pleases God and yields the results He wants for our lives according to his purpose.
2. Joshua 1:9 NIV, “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
God wants us strong and courageous, and not afraid. We can know that the Lord will always be with us in whatever circumstance that He places us in or pathway that He calls us to pursue. Therefore, we can have peace and move forward with strength and courage, knowing that God is on our side.
3. Galatians 6:9 NIV, “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”
In Galatians, we learn that even when we’re tired, we should continue to put our best foot forward because it will only benefit us in the long run. It seems that God agrees with the saying, you reap what you sow. We can see that in the verse below.
4. Jeremiah 29:11-13 “For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”
God has a plan for all of us and this verse from Jeremiah explains that perfectly. When we trust in this plan and seek God with all our heart, good things will happen.
God has a great plan for every single one of us. For that plan to be fulfilled, we need to be around to see it. With the hope of this wonderful future in mind, we shouldn’t give up because God’s plan is better than anything we could have come up with ourselves.
5. Psalm 55:22 “Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.”
When situations and challenges comes your way, you don’t have to go it alone when times are tough. Instead, turn to the Lord who will ‘sustain’ you and help you get through it. Regular prayer and keeping God in your heart is a great way to keep your spirits up.
6. Psalm 46:1 “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”
We occasionally forget that God is always with us. When times are good and we are feeling fortunate, we tend to praise God. But, when times are difficult, it can be a common thought to believe that he has abandoned you in your moment of need. This is not true though. God is “very present” even when we are faced with difficulties and will help you get through them.
7. Psalm 9:9 “The LORD is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek you.”
Always put your trust in God. At all costs, trust God. Whether in good times or bad times, this is something we should strive to do every day. God will help you as long as you continue to trust Him.
Related: Don’t Give up on God
8. Mark 10:27 “Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.’”
Remember when doubt starts to creep in your life, do not let it, and remember that “all things are possible with God.” He will see you through it.
9. Psalm 37:23-24 “The LORD makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand.”
Even in times of testing, when you place your faith and trust in God, you will never fall.
1 Timothy 6:12
10. 1 Timothy 6:12 “Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.”
The first line in 1 Timothy 6:12 is particularly beautiful and encouraging: “Fight the good fight of the faith.” Essentially, this verse inspires you to never give up and to keep doing what’s right. Those who continue to fight the good fight will find happiness.
11. John 8:12, “When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life.” –
If you’re in a place in your life where you’re close to giving up, then know that there is hope and a metaphorical light at the end of the tunnel. If you trust in Christ Jesus, he will be your light and your hope.
12. Psalm 28:6-7 “Praise be to the LORD for He has heard my cry for mercy. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.”
While this entire verse is excellent, “The Lord is my strength and my shield…” is a particularly powerful section. When times are tough, the Lord will help give you the strength needed to carry on. It is important to never forget that.
13. Hebrews 12:1-3 “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him, he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.”
God sacrificed himself for us. This too is important to never forget. “… let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith” is an important piece of advice from this phrase as well. When we focus on Jesus, we are much better equipped to handle the challenges that face us.
14. Psalm 62:5-8 “Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I shall not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.”
Touching on similar ideas as past verses on this list, Psalm 62:5-8 encompasses a lot of good messages. For those that trust in God, he will act as your rock; your fortress and you will not be shaken.
15. James 1:2-4 NIV “Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.”
James tells us in the first chapter of his book of the Bible, that we should actually be grateful when we experience difficult times. Because these difficult times are strengthening us in accordance with God’s will.
16. Isaiah 40:29-31 NIV, “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not be faint.” –
God will strengthen you when you grow weary. God will restore your energy. Man does not have the capacity to keep going on their own, but God can give you rest that allows you to keep running the race.
17. Ezra 10:4 “Rise up…take courage and do it.”
Sometimes it takes courage to get through things. God will help you find the courage you need to take on the challenges that lay ahead.
1 Corinthians 10:13
18. 1 Corinthians 10:13 “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.”
When times are tough, it is important to remember that everyone experiences hardships, and that God will not let you be “tempted” beyond what you can handle. In the end, God will help you through it.
19. Isaiah 40:28-31 “Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not be faint.”
Paul clarifies that we should not give up but rather be persistent in our good work. We, as people, need to live a life that pleases God and yields the results He wants for our lives according to his purpose.
If you are looking for the strength to get through something difficult, then place your hope in the Lord.
20. Hebrews 13:5 “God has said, ‘Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.’” God is always with us.
Father, in the Name of Jesus, Your Word says faith comes by hearing the Word of God, and I will build up my faith today by reading Your Word and acting on it. Thank You, Father, for the hedge of protection that You bring in response to my faith. I ask You to give me the strength to hold strong in the days ahead. Help me to resist distraction, and to keep my eyes on You.
Thank You that through the righteousness of Jesus I can confidently trust in Your peace and safety for my life and home knowing that Your angels are always on guard. I will never give up or let go of your hand in difficult times. ! In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Printable Bible Reading Plan
Are you ready to study God’s Word but not sure where to find some truly helpful resources to guide you along? ” Don’t Give Up on God “ 31- Day Bible Reading Plan, Study Journal and Coloring Pages created to enhance your study of God’s Word and your time alone with Him. It’s available to print.
Іt’s weⅼl-mаde and wwe gеt tns of compliments foг it!
Ꮤould definitely recommend it!
Thank you so much for reading my post. You are such a blessing!
Blessings to you and your family!